The official student news site of Circle High School

Circle Vision

Circle cleans house at Jester Awards

The Little Mermaid performed by Circle High School was nominated out of 128 high schools to perform parts of the musical at the Jester Awards.

Only 39 high schools were invited, including Circle, performed for the Jester Awards. Circle was nominated for 8 different awards and won four. The awards were Best Scenic Design, Best Costume, Best Production Number and Best Technical Achievement.  

“We were surprised, quite frankly, and really excited.  We were nominated as Best Show.  There were only 7 out of the 44 shows that were judged that received that honor.  We also tell the kids that to be nominated is enough, but it is really excited when we are recognized as winners in that elite group.” Says Mrs. Pyle a director of The Little Mermaid.

The Jesters awards are tough, not including us there were four other Little Mermaids. “The competition is very tough.  We are being judged along side schools with tremendous budgets and professional help.  This year several smaller schools were very good and were recognized by the judges.  It was even more exciting that we could perform as a cast at the awards.” says Mrs. Pyle. The cast has worked hard and the goals for next year’s Jester awards haven’t changed!