Circle Vision

Survivors share their stories of Black Friday

Madison Riter-Bowman, 11

Christmas is coming and Black Friday bargains seem to be popular among Circle students and staff.  Finding the perfect gifts with good prices for the people in your life can be troubling but there is no better and craziest time to get good deals than Black Friday.  This year we collected some of the funniest stories from people who decided to take on the shopping challenge.

“My dad and I were buying a tv and this elderly lady kept trying to take it from us so I bent over to pick it up and move it and she bumped into me and I accidentally punched her in the face.  After that my dad and I grabbed the tv and walked away quickly,” Laszlo Stumpfhauser, 11.  

“My fiance wanted some leggings so I waited in line for 45 minutes to buy them and then another 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot.  I will remember those 90 minutes that I will never get back until I die,” Ryan Tarletsky.   

“When I was out shopping I saw Mr. Oswald on a bright pink cell phone saying “SWEETIE SWEETIE YES I WILL GET YOU THE PANS,” Hanna Zenner-Hulse, 11.  

“I didn’t want to leave the house but I really needed lady things so I went to the store early to try and beat the rush.  When I got there the parking lot was completely full and I stole a parking spot from some old lady.  I got inside and it every aisle was roped off!! And when I went under a rope to get what I needed a worker lady started yelling at me and following me around the store until I left.  Never again,” Anonymous.  

“I was shopping and a guy ran into the automatic doors after yelling “YOU DON’T KNOW ME” and his friend yelled “YOU BROKE THE DOOR, RUN,”” Gloria Martinez, 11.